…For Development is an individual and collective workshop in which all activities are committed to contributing to developmental efforts in Lebanon and the Arab region.
For us development is a process and it underlies in everything we do.
Our approach to development is participatory; community based and building on interactive/active methods. It is a combination of conducting projects and outsourcing for clients (Ngos, UN and International Agencies, Government, etc…)
We are a group of interdependent professionals and activists in the development field who all share the following:
- Common social and humanitarian values; those of human rights, non-violence, social justice, equal chances and rights for all, ease of access to information and resources, the right to participate in decisions that impact our lives and our communities,
- Activist spirit and grass-root work,
- Accumulated knowledge and skills in development projects,
- A good network with key people on the local, regional and international levels
- Commitment to professionalism,
- Obligation to the culture of peace and non-violence, in values and practice,
- That people are capable, and have the right, of changing themselves and their communities.
- Social solidarity is one core …For Development value. As such, we support nascent and grass root groups in different forms.
To bring together our know-how in a way that enhances the quality of work accomplished in the society (societies) through development projects.
For development is active in the fields of:
- Training and Coaching (planning, execution and evaluation) on 1-Active learning, formal and non formal education, and peer education, 2-Non violence philosophy and practices, 3-Conflict transformation (including mediation and negotiation skills and tools), 4-Community mobilization, 5-Community Development, 6-Advocacy and lobbying, 7-Team building and team work, 8-Life Skills, 9-Facilitation and training skills and techniques, 10-Labor Rights, 11-Performing arts (theater, songs, print art work and drawing) at the service of development goals and projects, 12-Strategic Planning, 13-Internal governance for NGO’s and municipalities, 14-Management of NGOs and municipalities, 15-Small and medium business development, 16-Project cycle management, 17-Fundraising for NGO’s and public entities, 18-Relief organization and management in disaster and war situations.
- Production of Resources in a participatory and collective process.
- Planning and or conducting Actions and Interventions in fields of:
Socio-economic assessment and or actions,
Socio-political assessment and or actions,
Local development plans,
- Social Animation or Community Organizing:
…For Development initiated, planned and is now implementing and executing a Lebanese vocational curriculum on social animation. Students now are able through joining this program to a get a high school diploma in this field (Vocational Baccalaureate),
- Other services:
Project Design and Project Documents Writing
- Local, regional and international NGOs
- Governmental institutions in Lebanon and the region
- International organizations
- Independent donors
- Youth Clubs
Initiated in 2004 and officially registered in 2006, …For Development brings together committed experts with more than 20 years of experience.
“… For Development, c.c” founding members are:
Nizar I. RAMMAL, Mostafa SAID, and Zeina MEZHER,
with generous support by Helena Nassif, Wadih Takla and Rania Saheli. and the legal assistance of Mrs. Zeina Makhlouf and Layal Sakr.